Friday, February 24, 2012

Shoe du Jour!

One of the many things that I love about altered art is the fearlessness it promotes. Made a mistake? cover it up...Don't like something? rip it off... And that's what I did. Check out how I changed the shoe in the previous post ("Despite the Difference"):

From this...

To this...

Close up of the top...

Close up of the bottom...


I titled the new version "I Wait for You." I covered the shoe with cream colored paint and then removed it in areas for a distressed look. I tore an old scarf I found at an estate sale and added that. Then I twisted wire around the middle and tucked some of the straps in. Added some vintage photos and some paint. Threw on some bling. Wahlah! I still plan to use the elements that I ripped off the previous version when I alter the right shoe, so nothing going to waste.

And I am already thinking of ways to change this...sigh...:D

Hope you have a great weekend, Peoples!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, first of all, you have an amazing blog with some incredible pieces, this one being no exception!

    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. I did not make the header and background myself. They were made by a lady called Karen Valentine with elements I sent her (she charges!) This is her email: karenvalentinedesignstudio@gmail.com in case you are interested.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Astrid! Thank you so much! Someone else mentioned Karen Valentine to me, she does fantastic work. Though I'm sure the art pieces that she used are yours, very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete